Monday, July 20, 2009

Speech

Told you guys I would write soon. . . haha
I forgot to mention the Relay for Life walk I went to in St. Charles, MO. My aunt Lynn lives over there and plays a huge role in putting it on. I went last year right after my first surgery and had a great time. (except for the down poor for the 10min. it lasted) So this year my aunt asked if I would like to go again. I was so game!
I don't know if you guys know but I like to talk, maybe to much. I could talk to a tree as some people say. Well I had said something a while back about wanting to do some public speaking/motivational speaking. I don't know really how my aunt did it but she called me a couple of weeks before the walk and asked if I wanted to speak at it. I was so excited. I never was nervous. I was to talk about fighting back and that was really all I was told. 
I loved it! I thought it went pretty well. Some people came up to me afterwards and wanted to talk. That was a pretty cool feeling. It let me meet more wonderful people who maybe I wouldn't have talked to there that night. It also made me want to think about how to do such a thing more often. I would love to speak not only at those type of functions but also at high schools, churches, or where ever. It was an awesome feeling.
If anyone has any ideas of how to get more involved in to something like that please let me know!

Love~

1 comment:

  1. Continuing to keep you in our thoughts & prayers. You are never far from our minds.

    ReplyDelete