Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I want to say thank you to everyone for the comments! It means so much. I didn't write yesterday because I didn't hear from the doctor till almost 7p.m. Dr. N had called to let me know that New York is doing the same research as Maryland. Since both facilities are basically in the same phase of research I do not qualify for both Maryland and New York. They also said that all other top facilities are doing the same research, Adoptive Cell Thearpy.

The size of the remaining tumors are not big enough to qualify and the lab test I had done, HLA A2010, didn't qualify either.

So the next step is to see the oncologist in St. Louis, Mo. to get set up for surgery. Then check and analyze the tumors for mutation. I don't know if it is possible to have all five remaining tumors removed because of location and how deep they are. That is why I called today to get an appointment for the oncologist so he can get me into a surgeon.

I scheduled an appointment for June 9, 2008 at 1:00p.m. Yet I am trying to get in sooner. After surgery we will discuss further treatment. At this time it sounds like Chemo is the option.

Thanks to everyone again
Love

3 comments:

  1. how soon will the surgery happen?? i still think we should go out to new york regardless!! haha love it...and LOOOOOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin,

    You are in my thoughts and prayers. You are an inspiration to us all. Everyday is a gift.

    Love you,
    Cathy Galloway
    Brandon's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to still go to New York. We had so much fun the first time! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete